Who doesn’t love a snack throughout the day? If you’re looking for some quick energy boosting snacks that won’t get in the way of your training routines then we’ve got some ideas to tickle your taste buds!
Some of our favourite go to health snack recipes are below;
- Peanut Butter Protein Balls
An all time favourite! And perfect for when you need a little energy boost or pick me up!
- 160g Oats
- 64g Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 32g Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2tbsp. Chai Seeds
- 2 tbsp. Flax Seeds
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 96g Peanut Butter (Natural)
- 32g Honey
- ½ tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- Step 1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir oats, chocolate chips, coconut, chia, flax, cinnamon and salt until combined. Stir in peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Mixture should be slightly crumbly. If its too dry, gradually stir in milk.
- Step 2. Roll mixture into balls then place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
Full Details – https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25416301/protein-balls-recipe/
- A twist on Eggs & Soldiers
Think traditional soft-boiled eggs and soldiers but swap the toast for some tasty asparagus! Your dippy eggs will taste just as good but this twist will be a great low-fat, gluten-free option.
- 1 soft-boiled egg
- 7 spears of steamed asparagus
- Cut the soft-boiled egg in half and serve with the steamed asparagus for dipping.
Full Details – https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/egg-soldiers
- Creamy Avocado Dip
This creamy dip is packed with protein and healthy fats!
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 64g Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Black Pepper
- Pita or tortilla chips and vegetable sticks to dip
- Step 1. In a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork
- Step 2. Stir in yogurt, garlic and lime juice and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Step 3. Serve with pita or tortilla chips and vegetables sticks
Full Details – https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45365/creamy-avocado-dip-recipe/
- Homemade Vegetable Crisps
Super easy to make and without a drop of oil! These crunchy favourites won’t disappoint.
- 500g Parsnips
- 330g Carrots
- 400g Beetroot
- Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees/gas 2-3
- Step 2. Scrub the parsnip, carrots and bees. Using a mandolin or a thick slicer on a grater, slice each of the veg at an angle into long pieces – they really shrink in the oven.
- Step 3. Place veg slices in a single layer on baking trays – keep the veg separate. Place the carrots and beetroots in the oven for about 2 hours; after 30 minutes add the parsnips. Remove when dry, crisp and cooked.
- Step 4. Crush the salt, fennel seeds and chilli in a mortar, and sprinkle over your crisps. Serve hot or cold.
Full Details – https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/homemade-vegetable-crisps/