- General Guidance
Do not enter our facilities if you have received a positive test for Covid-19.
Do not enter our facilities if you are experiencing or have experienced symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 10 days including:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- Loss of sense or smell or taste or both
Do not enter our facilities if someone in your household has had symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
Do not enter our facilities if you have been contacted by a contact tracer from the Test, Trace and Protect Programme, and told to isolate in the last 10 days.
In the event anyone becomes unwell with COVID-19 symptoms during a session, they must:
- leave immediately, avoiding contact with others, surfaces, and equipment
- notify group organiser/member of facility staff as soon as possible
- adhere to Public Health Wales guidance
Individuals/group organisers must inform facility staff of a suspected COVID-19 case immediately
Social distancing should continue to be observed where possible.
Customers classed as vulnerable should seek medical guidance before attending
Staff will continue to provide First Aid cover. Injured persons will be encouraged to self-administer treatment where possible, with qualified First Aid staff overseeing. Where this is not possible, staff have been issued with appropriate PPE to safely administer treatment.
Strictly follow all hygiene guidance and procedures as indicated by signage around the facilities
Face coverings are still mandatory for all staff, students, customers and visitors whilst on site. Therefore, please be advised:
- Face coverings must be worn by all customers/users when moving around Sport Swansea indoor facilities, but can be removed during sessions.
- Face coverings are encouraged for all customers/users when traveling to/from/between outdoor facilities, but can be removed during sessions. However, masks and coverings are still a sensible precaution when moving around outside
Facility rules must be abided by at all times
Car parking will be available in both gravel car parks, we request customers to park a safe distance apart.
All building access will be via the main entrance door, customers are requested to ‘keep left’ in the corridor to the changing rooms & Indoor Track.
Customers will not be permitted access to the office.
Hand sanitising stations will continue to be available around the facilities (indoor and outdoor).
Hydrachill vending machines will be available, but the hot and cold drinks machine will be unavailable.
Changing rooms available upon request for use after bookings
- Maximum of 6 people at a time per room-no belongings to be left in the changing room
- Rooms will be sanitised after use
- Maximum of 6 people at a time per room
- Players only-No Coaches/Physios etc
- No Team talks
- Preference to be given to away teams
- Rooms will be sanitised in between teams
The toilets located in Reception will be available
We will continue to review opening hours regularly for each facility.
Equipment should not be shared where possible
If athletes are planning to attend with a coach they must first confirm with facility staff to ensure there is capacity. All coach details are also required for track & trace purposes.
Where group bookings are made, it is the responsibility of group organisers to ensure names & contact numbers of all participants (including coaches) are collected & retained for Test, Trace & Protect purposes. In this situation, we will retain contact information for group organisers only.
- Outdoor Track
All Outdoor Track individual users are required to book and pay online prior to use.
If athletes are planning to attend with a coach, they must enter the coaches details when booking. Sport Swansea requires details for both athletes and coaches for Track, Trace & Protect proposes
Access to the Outdoor Track will be via the pedestrian gate at the 100m finish line. Egress will be via the pedestrian gate alongside the gravel shot area. Gates will remain unlocked & open during opening hours to reduce touch points.
Sanitising stations are available at the equipment containers and access point.
Group sessions are available for all ages. Numbers will be limited to a maximum of 100 athletes plus coaches, with max group sizes of 30 plus coaches.
Available track times are:
- Monday – Thursday = 09:00-10:30, 10:30-12:00, 12:00-13:30 (Sprints & Distance only) 14:00-15:30 & 15:30 – 17:00
- Saturday – Sunday = 9:30 – 11:00 & 11:00 – 12:30
Individual sessions (outside of club times will be limited to a maximum of 100 athletes across all disciplines, broken down as follows:
- Track Events – 50 athletes
- Field events – 50 athletes
Capacities will be reviewed regularly and increased as restrictions allow plus when it is deemed safe to do so.
Rules of use, are as follows:
The infield will be available for throwers.
Throwers encouraged to use their own implements where possible. Stadium equipment must be returned to the equipment store immediately after use for disinfecting.
High Jump & Pole Vault
- Staff will sanitise landing mats before first use each day
- Staff will sanitise bars before first use each day
- Available on request
- Staff will sanitise hurdles before first use each day
- Tennis Courts
Singles & doubles games are now permitted with players from different households.
Courts 1, 4, 5 and 6 are available for hire
A payment of £5 per court hire per hour will need to be made in advance of playing
The following one hour timeslots will be available:
- Monday – Friday – 09:00 – 20:00
- Saturday – Sunday – 09:00 – 16:00
Rules of use, in alignment with LTA guidance are as follows:
- Players must use their own rackets and tennis balls – these will not be available for hire
- Gates to remain open at all times in order to reduce touch points
- Grass Pitches
For pitch access follow the identified signage – general access will be grated via the footpath adjacent to Sketty Lane with users keeping left
Access to the infield will be via the double gates adjacent to the Pavilion
Toilets & hand washing facilities will be available on the side of the Pavilion.
A hand sanitising station will be available at the entrance to the track, and on the footpath to/from the pitches
Players are to refrain from spitting and sharing water bottles
Swansea University staff will ensure equipment such as goals & post protectors are sanitised before use
Signage will be in place to outline and reiterate rules.
It is the responsibility of the group organisers to ensure relevant track & trace information is captured and retained for all participants and coaches
Groups/clubs/teams to ensure compliance with their respective NGB guidance for safe return to play
Unauthorised users should be reported to facility staff on 01792 602400 / 07870 244761, or direct to our Campus Security team on 01792 604271.
- Hockey Pitches
Staff will sanitise goals & dugouts at the start of each day.
Sanitising stations are located in the main thoroughfare of the compound area to serve both pitches
It is the group organiser/COVID Officers responsibility to ensure all rules are adhered to. Failure to comply could result in the cancellation of future bookings.
Rule of use pitch use:
- Pitch capacities – all clubs to ensure compliance with their respective NGB guidance at any given time.
- Clubs / teams to ensure compliance with NGB guidelines at all times
Be aware it is the group organiser / COVID Officers responsibility to ensure all facility rules are adhered to – failure to comply could result in the cancellation of future bookings.
- Indoor Track
Sessions must be pre-booked via our online booking system (available here).
Customers are requested to ‘keep left’ when accessing the Indoor Track via the corridor.
Both athlete and coach details are required for Test, Trace & Protect purposes. If athletes are planning to attend with a coach, they must enter the coach’s details when booking.
There will be sanitising stations at the entrance to the Indoor Track.
For athletics sessions, numbers will be limited to a max of 60 people training including coaches / volunteers / instructors.
Timeslots available to the public are as follows:
- Monday – 14:00-15:30 & 15:30-17:00
- Tuesday – 14:00-15:30 & 15:30-17:00
- Wednesday – 14:00-15:30 & 15:30-17:00
- Thursday – 14:00-15:30 & 15:30-17:00
- Friday – 14:00-15:30 & 15:30-17:00
- Saturday – 09:30-11:00 & 11:00-12:30
- Sunday – 09:30-11:00 & 11:00-12:30
Equipment available on request.
- Equipment should be returned to the respective store/storage area after use for staff to sanitise.
- Benches will be sanitised by staff daily.
- Weights Room
Capacity limited to 3 athletes plus 1 coach.
Users must pre-book.
The athletics stand is now available for use (capacity 450).
The hockey balcony viewing area is now available on request (capacity 100).
- It is the organisers responsibility to ensure Track & Trace details are collected from spectators