We are so pleased that you have become a member! We hope that this will give you an overview of the gym, what’s included in your membership, and what to expect when you’re on site. Whether you’re a first-timer or a gym guru, we encourage all members to give this a read and watch our video to ensure the safety of you and others here at Swansea Bay Sports Park (SBSP).
About your membership
Depending on your membership, you will either have access to just the gym (this includes classes too!) or the gym and the pool. Both types of memberships include dual access so you can use both the Sport Swansea Singleton and Sport Swansea Bay gyms…this is perfect if you live near one and work near the other. Download the SBSP App via the App Store or Play Store so you can book onto your sessions, 7 days in advance. For more information on your first visit to SBPS, please head to our welcome post here.
When traveling around SBSP, we ask you follow all Covid safety procedures in place. These include:
- Wearing a facemask when inside the facilities. These can be removed when exercising.
- Practising social distancing. We ask you stay 2 metres apart from others where possible.
- Washing your hands regularly or using hand sanitiser which we have provided around the site.
- Following the one-way systems, we have put in place.
Please do not enter our facilities if you are experiencing or have experiences symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 10 days. For more information and our procedures, please read our Covid-19 Guidance.
In the rare occasion of the fire alarm going off, we ask all members vacate the premise via the nearest exit. Please make your way to the meeting points depending on which gym you are at:
- Sport Swansea Bay Gym: The meeting point is opposite The Core, marked with “Assembly Point 6”
- Sport Swansea Singleton Gym: The meeting point is located between the roundabout and barrier in the main car park, marked with a green “Assembly Point 1”
Staff will be on hand to provide any support you need. If you require first aid assistance, please see a member of the team who will be able to assist you.
Facilities on Site
We have water stations available within both the Sport Swansea Bay Gym and Sport Swansea Singleton Gym and we ask you bring your own bottles with you. Changing rooms are currently closed but we do have toilets available for you to use.
Gym Etiquette and Rules
- Clean all equipment before and after use. We have cleaning supplies around the gyms for you to use. We will also be cleaning the gym in between sessions.
- Please keep a 2 metre distance between yourself and others training.
- Train individually where possible.
- Make sure you do not spend too long on popular pieces of equipment so others can use them within the time sessions.
- Remove all plates from bars/machines and return them to where you found them.
- Follow the one-way system around the gym as well as when you are entering and exiting.
- Please wear appropriate clothing when attending the gym. We do not allow denim or flip-flops under any circumstances.
- Shoes may only be removed when performing a lift. Please do not walk around the gym when not wearing shoes.
- Only use chalk on platforms and make sure you clean up after yourself.
- If you wish to film yourself working out, it is your responsibility to make sure no one else is in the shot. If this is not possible, please ask permission of those around you or do not film at all.
- We have set session times to allow our team to clean the gym. Please only arrive 5 minutes before your booked slot and please leave promptly at the end.
We have a range of equipment at the Sport Swansea Singleton Gym and at the Sport Swansea Bay Gym, meaning that there is something for everyone and every workout. If you are unsure of how to use a piece of equipment, please ask a member of staff to ensure you are using it appropriately and safely.
So now you should feel ready to head down for your first session at one of the Swansea Bay Sports Park gyms. If you are ever unsure or have a question, please speak to a member of the team who will be able to assist you. Alternatively, drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or feedback you might have.
See you at your next session!